We got home around 12 noon today.  It's 10:30 pm and Matthew is stretched out, doing amazingly well, all things considered.  He was sent home with a prescription for Loritab for pain and Omnicef as an antibiotic. He is still taking breathing treatments to get rid of the residual coughing and pneumonia. It will take another week to get him completely over it.  Poor baby can't get in the whirlpool until his incisions are completely healed. Especially the one on his back used to thread the line to his spine.

I am still amazed at how good he's doing.  He's still in some pain but the loritab helps with that every 6 hours or so.  Thanks to a comment left by one of our followers, I believe the bruising on his scrotum was caused from the catheter that was used 21 hours after surgery. She mentioned that catheters may cause that and I believe that's exactly what happened when I think about it.  They drained 200 cc's of urine he was holding on too and It looks like the nurse went to far with the catheter.  I didn't know that could happened. He's only been cathed one other time in his life.  After researching, I believe that the nurse was not trained well in that area so I will be calling the hospital's fifth floor nurse manager to let her know so this doesn't happen to another child.  Only time this happens according to web MD is when the catheter pushes on the wall of the the scrotum and the catheter should not go that far. My poor Matthew...


I have pics of him stretched out but way too tired to upload tonight.  I have all of my family except my sisters down for Easter and will have plenty to upload tomorrow. I'll have all the grandbabies in one place and am going to take millions of pictures!!

0 comments: