First, I have a new song called "One Believer" on my play list on your right. You should click on it and listen to it while your reading the blog.. the lyrics are beautiful


Looks like we will be going home tomorrow... incision is not infected and looks good. He's been on some strong antibiotics and kept off his back for a week.  It really ticks me off  that his doctor didn't tell us or the nurses right after surgery that until the incision healed  is was extremely important that Matthew not put any pressure on his spinal incision and he needed to sleep and lay on his sides . The first four pictures are right after surgery and the next day. We were not told until the evening of day two, not to let him put pressure on his back.  I even put him in his wheelchair.  There was leakage when they removed the bandages in the hospital at the lower part of the incision.. that's where it all started.  The incision's glue wore off and although I did the best I could the whole incision ended up pulling apart a little so it's taking a lot longer to seal up and dry up than the frontal incision. So it never was infected, never got infected. We were just here to make sure it didn't get infected. 

A lot of crazy stuff has been going on up here.. it's scary,.. medicine dosage mix ups, IV dosage mix ups, information mix up... just scary. I'm just glad to be going home tomorrow.  If he lays around here much longer, he's getting more and more prone to picking up the "house" pneumonia!

I'll write more on that when I get all my notes together. Meanwhile here is what Matthew's incision looks like now; brusing is fading and it's filling in.  Nice and pink.. no red..
Now look at how good the pumps working since it was turned up!
I was able to get a pillow a between his legs. He tolerated it for about 30 minutes then he wanted it out. We are almost there with the pump dosage.. won't be much longer. We had it turned up 10% more since we've been here.



 My beautiful, courageous little boy.
Here are some Sunsets I took from our hospital window

0 comments: