As I was cleaning yesterday, I accidentally kicked Matthews ceramic angel and the wing broke off. It stays by his baby bed. The wing shattered into a million pieces. I picked it up and put in the the garbage can and never gave it another thought.

Later whenever I was cleaning the kitchen, I dumped out some coffee grinds into the garbage can on top of the broken angel. Never gave it another thought.

That evening I was going to get the garbage ready to go out and when I looked into the can the Angel was looking right at me. Her face was covered with coffee grounds. That's when it hit me. I tearfully took her out of the garbage and rinsed off the grounds. I tried to glue back the pieces of the wings but it was just too many pieces. I took the broken angel and put her back in her place besides Matthew's baby bed. Back were she belongs. I couldn't believe that I was going to throw it away, just because the wing was broken. It is still beautiful and still just as good as it was before except that now it is a "special" angel. Just like my Matthew. She still had the same look on her face. She looks like she is watching something or possible, she' watching Matthew. Nothing else was wrong. Just a broken wing. I don't care what people may think when they see the broken angel. Some may wonder what happened to her. Why don't I just throw it away or put it away somewhere.. Some may wonder why I want to hang on to it or why don't I just go and replace it with one that's not broken. To me, this Angel is now priceless and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It may not be perfect in their eyes but it's more than perfect to me. I wish everyone could feel what I feel in my heart now when I look at it. If you never had an angel with a broken wing, then you could never know how precious they are.
Charlotte

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow1 I was thinking about this story again this morning(Iread it last night) and I just started crying because we have a brother in Kawait waiting to come home and he's really sick. They are making them work 12 hours a day in cold and rain without boots and most of the men are so very sick. Let's ask God to put angels all around our men. They have been so dedicated and now they are being treated so bad! Great grandma Ruth LOVES Matthew

Anonymous said...

that was a very good story