Matthew A. Sanderson’s Living Will (Ganny Charlotte’s Version)

Warning, Death mentioned-A Lot. Might be more than you can handle But I want this said and I'm not changing my mind this time.
Incase something should happen to me. I want to MAKE SURE that Matthew is taken care of. Especially since he will be getting a feeding tube. So here it is. If this situation comes up and I'm deceased I hope that anyone reading this will fight for my baby's life and let them know about this will. If you didn't have anything to do with him while he was "not sick" then you shouldn't expect to have any say so in this matter. Sorry I have to be so harsh but I want what's best for Matthew. There is a signed copy of this will with in my home.
NOTE:
When I say "The Way he was before" that can only be determined by the persons mentioned at the bottom of this Will. These are the only people that know Matthew besides me and know all about him.. The doctors do not know how Matthew was before. You can look at my videos on this blog and see "the way he was before".


To Matthew A. Sanderson's family, doctors, hospitals, and all those concerned with his care: I Charlotte Kappler , Legal Guardian, being of sound mind willfully and voluntarily make this declaration to be followed if I become incompetent or If I die before my Grandson Matthew Sanderson.This declaration reflects my firm and settled commitment to refuse life-sustaining treatment under the circumstances indicated below. Notice I said UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.Being legal gaurdian, grandmother, mother, nurse and caretaker I deserve my requests met to the fullest. I took care of him and devoted my full attention to him while I was on this earth. I expect my wishes to be met. No one other than I or the one's I have mentioned in the will shall have any say so in Matthew's care.FIRST, under NO conditions is ANYONE to remove his feeding tube unless you are just changing it out. I don't care if you know for a fact that he's brain dead, I do not want him starved to death and that's what you'll be doing so DON'T Do it..!!!! You can feed a person all you want, if they are going to die, they will die with the feeding tube. If you remove his tube and he is still alive you will be a murderer.I expect the above mentioned parties to regard themselves as legally and morally bound to act in accordance with my wishes, free, thereby, of any legal liability for having followed my directions.1. I direct Matthew's attending physician to withhold or withdraw life-sustaining treatment that serves only to prolong the process of his dying, if he should be in a incurable and have no chance of recovery. His mental and physical state should not be taken into consideration unless one or the other is causing the death. To make myself Clear on#1 I don't consider Matthew to be "dying" just because his brain is different. Just because he can’t walk, talk or crawl doesn’t mean he doesn’t get the same treatment as a "normal" child. If life sustaining treatment can get him back to the way his was before then I WANT life sustaining treatment. If he has a siezure and has cardiac arrest, I WANT him reseccitated. If he's dying and there is no hope of being like he was before, then you may withhold life sustaining treatment. (Don't touch the tube!) But if he has any chance of being like he was before I want everything done for him possibe. TREAT HIM AS IF HE WAS YOUR NORMAL CHILD, NOT AS A CHILD WITH MULTIPLE BRAIN MALFORMATIONS..2. I direct that treatment be limited to measures to keep him comfortable and to relieve pain, including any pain that might occur by withholding or withdrawing life- sustaining treatment. (not his tube!) That’s if he has no chance of surviving and being like he was before.
If he has pneumonia or cardiac arrest and requires a heart lung machine, then YES I want him to have it for at least 3 days. After three days we should know if it's time to let him go or not. That decision will be made by only the ones listed below.
If Matthew passes and I have passed before him, you should find great comfort in knowing that once again, he is being well taken care of by me in Heaven.

No Chaos at his funeral. Here's what I want.
No flowers at his funeral. I want all balloons of many colors released at the gravesite. Any donations can go directly to the funeral home to pay for the funeral, the rest will be given to
The Songs of Love Organization. No singers at funeral, just tapes or Cd's with original singers. Songs for Funeral, Angels Among Us, (Alabama)Angels in Waiting (Martina McBride) Because You Loved Me (Celine Dionne) I want my poems "Angel Wings" Read and the one called Jesus, Matthew and Me". They are all on my blog somewhere. At the gravesite I want someone to sing "Go Rest High on That Mountain" (Vince Gill)
My final and most important wish that I have is that he be buried right next to me. If it's possible, I would like him buried WITH me. Our fleshly bodies belong together in the grave as they did on earth even though our souls will be together in heaven. It would make a lot of people feel better knowing that we were together again.


Other Instruction:4. I designate, John Kappler, My Husband ,Legal Guardian as his surrogate to make medical treatment decisions for him in a manner consistent with this declaration, if I should be incompetent or be deceased and Matthew is in terminal condition or in a state of permanent unconsciousness.
If the person I have named above is unable to act on my behalf, I authorize the following person to do so: Mary T. Sanderson, His mother, and Mary R. Pugh, his Great Grandmother, Melinda Patton, Grace Shonts. This Living Will Declaration expresses my wishes, and the fact that I may have executed a form specified by state law shall not be construed as limiting or contradicting this Declaration, which is an expression of my constitutional rights.I make this declaration on this the 21st day of December,2006
Charlotte A.Kappler, Legal Guarding and Grandmother of Matthew A. Sanderson______________________________ _____________________________ Declarant Address______________________________ _____________________________ Witness Address_____________________________ ______________________________ Witness Address

0 comments: