Hello,
Just thought I would let you know about Matthew's seizures. We decreased his lamictal after it was increased a few weeks ago and made things worse. I can see a big difference. I am also getting up before he does to give him his medicine early. Sometimes as early as 4:00 AM. Two days in a row he had no myoclonic clusters when he woke up. I gave him pediasure before bedtime and he had the jerks again. I am convinced that the sugar in the pediasure makes them worse and then getting his medicine a little earlier makes them better. I have to find "something" he can drink as a suppliment with vitamins that's not loaded with sugar. He eats good most of the time but not always. He's having anywhere from 1 to 5 bad tonic seizures a day. Those have decreased also. He gets 1/2 Klonopin in the am. If he wakes up at 2am or before 6 am I give it to him. It seems to ward off the jerks when he wakes up. I am putting this hear for my notes but also for anyone else that may be having the same problems.
CHarlotte

0 comments: