I decided to read my Angel Wings poem I wrote, inspired by my little Peekaboo Man, Matthew. You'll also hear our favorite slow dance song at the end of the poem.
Click on the audio and listen to my poem and then read my post below.

Today was a different kind of day. The "big" question was asked by Matthew's pediatrician today. She asked if I ever thought about a DNR meaning Do Not Ressistate (Revive)If Matthew was to ever stop breathing. I was kind of shocked buy she always talks to me to see how we are doing and she can get very personal which I guess is her job.

I told her I couldn't sit down and make that decision until the time came for us to do it. We live one day at a time and that's the only way we are making it. If Matthew was suffering, in pain and the doctors said there was no hope left and there was nothing more they could do, I would probably say DNR but I don't know that for sure. I know if he just stopped breathing while in the hospital for siezures, or something simple, I would make sure they did everything to revive him. It's just not an option right now and when It become an option, I know we'll make the right decision but I don't even want to think about that now. We've come to far to let him go without a FIGHT to keep him alive as he is now, happy, healthy and a blessing to everyone that meets him..

That's like making funeral arrangements. I have not because I don't want too. God will take care of everything financially. It may be the wise thing to do but it's not a part of our "one day at a time" life.

HE's asleep now, doing lots better. We go to the neuro for a check up and then we leave Saturday for his surgery in Shreveport on Monday. I'm still scared about it but I remember when he has tubes in his ears and a cyst removed from his neck. I realized afterwards that I just worried too much because he came out just fine from the surgeries. He is a tough little boy and I know with God's help and your prayers everything will be just fine.

Good Night, Gotta get up early!






this is an audio post - click to play

0 comments: