this is an audio post - click to play


Here's another poem I wrote. Inspired by Matthew during those long sleepless nights. I had just gotten Matthew to sleep about four oclock that morning and I laid down to catch some sleep myself when these words came to me. I tried to sleep but couldn't until I got up and wrote the words down. Didn't realize how beautiful the poem was until the next morning.

The poem is followed by a song called "Angels Among Us" by Alabama. I heard this song on my radio about two days after Matthew was born. I still couldn't understand why this could happen to our grandbaby. I realized that God didn't send us a tragedy or a burden. He sent us one of his very own angels. Not just out of the blue but he sent Matthew just when he thought we would need an angel most.

Matthew has been more than a blessing or a burden. He has been a "little Preacher" spreading his love and the love of God to everyone he meets without even having to say one word.

We have the radio station play this song every time Matthew has a birthday. No matter how many times I hear it, it always makes me cry and give me assurance that everything will be okay because I have an Angel to help me.

Love Ganny

0 comments: