If you are like me, you are always trying to find "something" for your child to do besides sit or lay around all the time. Matthew outgrew his Jumper a long time ago.
The tray on the jumper only came right above his hips with no support to keep him from falling over because he has no balance. He can however use his legs really good. He knows how to jump if you hold him with his feet on the floor.




I knew if I could get the tray part up higher, like under his arms, he could use it.
I cut out the fabric seat that was in it and sewed a strip of soft foam material for the straddle. After adjusting a few times, I finally got it right.


In this pic, I had to take up the straddle a little more. It was too high up under his arms!

I also added two strips of wood on the arch in his room for extra support. He is almost three feet tall and weighs 25 lbs.

It "looks" uncomfortable but it's not. It tends to bunch up between his legs but he has on his diaper and a thick pair of pants. I checked and there was no "redness" between his legs after being in it for an hour.

Sometimes, he will jump so high that both feet are off the ground. It's really funny to watch because he gets tickled when he gets it going up and down. It's a great way for him to be active. It has also helped with his congestion. Jumping around can really loosen that stuff up!

I wish I could find one that someone has already made for kids like Matthew but so far I've had no luck.

Charlotte

0 comments: