No Matter What You'll Never Do

One fall night while Singing at a church outside of town
We'd sang the last song of the night so decided to sit down
Next to me sat this man, you could tell was up in years
In his lap, a blonde haired, blue eyed boy, he must has been 16 years

I knew he was a "special" boy you could see the handicap
He daddy kissed him on his head and had held his hands to help him clap
He saw me as I was staring, my face must have turned real red
I heard him whisper in the little boys ears, and this is what he said.

Chorus.
No matter how big you get or how tall you grow to be
I'll still hold you in my arms and let you sleep right next to me
No matter how tired my arms get, This one promise will stay true
You'll always be my baby boy
No matter what you'll never do.

I held my new grandson a few months later on a february day
ten little fingers, ten little toes, he was perfect in every way
But soon we'd hear the news, we had a "special" little boy
The families cried and prayed every single day and tried to hang on to their joy
They said that he may never walk or never even crawl
But the only thing that I could hear was what that daddy said last fall

Repeat Chorus

Tag:

Gods sends Angels to help us a long the way, If we'll just listen to our hearts we can hear our Father say:

Final Chorus
No matter how big you get
or how tall you grow to be
I'll still hold you in my arms
And in your valley's I will be
My arms were always been open
And My promise still rings true
You'll always be my children
Don't matter what you'll never do.

Repeat Chorus

0 comments: