It was inevitable. He strangled last Friday right before coming into the recovery room. I didn't want to say "OK Now, he's got Pneumonia" but I knew in my heart he did. It took a few days to actually show up but on Tuesday night he started running fever and doing the "barking" cough. We took him to a different doctor because his regular Ped wasn't in . Good Thing. This doctor said that even though you can't hear it in his lungs, doesn't mean he doesn't have it so she sent us for an xray. He had it in both lungs at the bottom lobes and in the left pareital lobe. She gave him a shot and antibiotics. He's at home and is doing good right now.

The thing that gets me it his regular pediatrician is totally different when it comes to treating him. We'll go to see her because he's barking and running a low temp. She'll say. Well, I don't hear anthing in his chest so I'll just give you some antibiotics and you just keep giving the breathing treatments. Every single time we end up back at the clinic with even higher fever and this time she can hear congestion and sends us for an xray and sure enough, he has pneumonia. By this time the Pneumonia has gotten worse and he gets so weak and so sick and it takes him 8 or more days to completely get over it.

He's already acting like he feels better because we didn't have to wait and then go back for the shot. This is the same doctor that said "I don't see nothing" on the xray. I'd wait to see if he passes it before I did another surgery". I pin pointed the thing on the xray before she even looked at it. The surgeon had no problem with finding it just like I did. I don't understand her. Anyway.
the picture show the red spots matthew got on his face from strangling right after Or possible even during the surgery. It's hard to see on this pic but even now he still has them, especially under his eyes. It looks like freckles. This is a SURE sign of aspiration for Matthew but I didn't want to believe that it could happen again.

If we ever have to have another surgery, I am probably going to make many enemies.
Things will be done to MY specifications or they simply won't lay a hand on him... I'll go somewhere else.

Like a friend on the Loop says"
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A GRANDMOTHER!
Charlotte and Matthew

0 comments: