It's been about a week since I posted. I have been busy making our new little friend Kailah a website. It's at www.kailahsnewlife.blogspot.com If you want a website for something, let me know, I can help and I don't charge and blogspot.com is free!

Well, Matthew is doing much better, at least he was. He went two days without any siezures last week, Now they are up to 7 today. These siezures are different. Even the sound he makes is different. They look painful but they don't affect him nearly as bad as the other ones. He's not even sleepy afterwards. He's still doing things he has never done like walking forward in his walker and laying on the floor content and play. He will also push up on his elbow and hold his head up for a long time! He's way more alert!! I have some video of him walking in the walker. I only captured the end part of his walking. He gets tired easily. I actually had to watch him because he kept bumping into thing. He is doing so much better even though he's having different types of seizures. They look the same but no jerks afterwards and no sleepiness. I beilieve they are still tonic seiuzures. He hasn't had ANY myoclonic jerks in over two weeks. Those were the seizures he had everymorning and when he woke up from naps. He is doing really great! He kicks his feet so hard when i'm holding him, I almost drop him. He can actually make a splash with both feet in the pool.`

OK.
I thought I was all alone. I felt as if USMC took my son and he was THERES! I surfed the net and found a website where some parents have sons and daughters at paris island boot camp too! I also found a website http://recruitparents.techservers.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7427 that tells you everything you need to know. I even found a calandar that shows each week of training. I wasn't so happy to know that next wednesday is the tear gas chamber! They have a chat room, a message board. All kinds of stuff even regarding the best places to stay during graduation and where to eat and what to bring even a list of what NOT to say to the drill sargeants.. things like, "I heard you were Mean to my son" . Who do you think you are??? lol things like that.

I'll be posting my letters from him on my site. I also have some before pics the day he left. He has already lost 7 lbs so there's no telling what he'll look like when he gets back. Did I tell you I dreamed that he looked like Johnny Bravo (the cartoon dude) when he came home? Funny.
I have had too many dreams lately and guess what ? I'm going to be posting them too!
Charlotte

0 comments: