Take a look at Matthew's swimming video. Go to a Search engine and type in Google Video Search and then look for "hydrotherapy". There is a video there of Us in the pool and some things about hyrdrotherapy. I'm too tired to look up the link.

First, of all, Matthew only had 3 seizures today! yea! I think we are finally getting somewhere now. I can see them decreasing more and more. Could my little angel be seizure free one day? The doctors don't think so but I do. I wanted to thank the Vicksburg YMCA once again for letting us use their very nice indoor pool. We can use it all year long. It has done great for matthew's muscle tone. He kicks his feet like a champ. I have it on video if anyone wants to see the video, email me and I'll email you the video. Matthew's friend Katherine joined recently and if you just could see her face each time she's getting in the pool. It's like her whole face lights up. The YMCA lets our children use their pool free of charge. Our income is not that great and we barely get by but this is the one thing we don't have to worry about paying for that our kids love to do. There are not many activities for kids like ours and I use our pool time as get away time. I do therapy while we are in the pool but he's having so much fun he doesn't notice. If we are having a bad day and nothings going right, I load him up and take him to the pool. (siezures or no seizures) the pool seems to lessen the seizure activity too. Sometimes we just float, especially if he's drowsy from all the meds he's on.
So Thanks again to Mr. Wilkerson and the Vickburg YMCA. Using your pool has made a big difference in the life of Matthew and also his friend Katherine. (Her mom says when they turn the curve into they YMCA she starts kicking and laughing.)


0 comments: