While on my journey with Matthew, I meet a lot of special people.  I think most of them are sent by God to keep me strong and to help me understand that my problems and my situation is nothing compared to what others are going through.  My cousin introduced the FB world to Leah Helms.  She had a son born on October 26th, not long before my grandsons were born.  His name was Pierce, aka Baby Pierce.  He was born with congenital aortic stenosis.  I followed her journey with Pierce everyday. Her journey was what I would call fast and furious but to her it may have seem different....Baby Pierce fought from day one and he fought hard.  He had a lot of prayers from people everywhere that were praying for him.  Although I never met him, just knowing "about" him and seeing the courage he & his family had shown through their journey helped me put my journey back into perspective.  We were all so sad when Baby Pierce was called home on January 15th.  It is so heartbreaking to lose a child, but Baby Pierce had also lost a brother a few years earlier, so this was mommy's second little boy that God called back home.  For such a strong and courageous woman, I felt I needed to do something to show that I care even though I couldn't do anything financially for her, the least I could do it try to put a few of those memories in a scrapbook.  I know she probably gets tired of hearing "Oh you are so strong" or "You are so courageous" and has her weak moments just like everyone else but to keep holding on to God and to keep encouraging others even after requires more than human strength.  It is a superhuman strength that only God can give someone.  I don't feel I need superhuman strength right now but I did at first when Matthew was born.  I'm just glad I know where to get my super human strength  when I need it and when God calls Matthew home I will be able to say to myself "Remember Leah."

Matthew's surgery has been scheduled for March 30th.  He just had a seizure a few minutes ago and I'm hoping we don't have to change the date again because that will mean he will have to re-do the labwork.  Please say some prayers for him to not have any more seizures...

Here are some pages so far I have for Baby Pierce's scrapbook.  If you would like to add a poem or send words of encouragement, just email me. ckappler@cablelynx.com


0 comments: