My Sunday School kids and I have been writing a fellow church member letters while he was in Iraq for the past six months. He came home last monday. I felt like I needed to arrange something for his Homecoming. Our church and his family gave him a "going away" party but I thought we should surprise him with a big "Welcome Home" party. We made banners (one was about twelve feet long" and put it at the beginning of our drive. HE lives across the street from us. We had a Sheriff's deputy pull them over on the highway before you get to our drive. He was very surprised. He got out to see what was up with the Deputy, then he saw all the kids from our church and his family running toward him with flags! We had ballooons down the drive with the posters. I just wanted him to know how much we appreciate him "almost' sacrafising his life for our freedom and for our protection from terrorist! I also had our local newspaper stop by. They were happy to take some pics and put him on the front page of our local paper..
It didn't seem like a lot but hopefully he knows how much we appreciate him putting his life on the line. He was willing to die, no questions asked. Some people may not understand but if you have a someone close to you in the Military, you understand.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 comments: