My Reward is Just a Sweet Little Kiss.

Matthew's doing pretty good. He had his flu shot a few weeks ago. I think I should have gotten one too. I am coughing and my throat hurts. Probably sinuses. I am eating antibiotics and coughdrops with vitamin c. Hopefull it's just a sinus infection.

Yesterday I took Matthew outside. It was a beautiful day. The weather has been perfect for him. As soon as I walked outside he started squealing. It's hard to describe it. It's a very High pitch,, long... Squeal. He kicks and giggles too. I should have him in his wheelchair but I decided to carry him. (Old habits are hard to break)

We walked out onto the porch and I let him "walk" while I held him up. He didn't want to walk, he wanted to run! So I let him run with me holding him under his arms as long as I could.... He was squealing all the way. He loves the sun on his face and it just drives him crazy whenever the sun flashes through the trees. I think that's the angels way of playing peekaboo with him. He just loves it and you can tell because he squeals and giggles even more.

I pick him up and he turns his head back and looks right at me, or I should say through me and opens his mouth so I can kiss him. He leans his head as far back as he can and that means I can have more kisses if I want it.

Next I ask him if he want to "swing swing". He nods his head with and unmistakable YES!!! Yes!!!.. As we swing he leans back and forth trying to get his old grandma to go higher and faster! He's just like his daddy.. He likes going fast!

I turned him upside down on my lap and let his head hand down and he thinks that's just the best thing in the world. It's like being in disney land or something. Ha.ha.

Finally we get bored, I mean I get bored and try to think of something else he can do outside. That's when we head to Pappas shop and get his keys to the lawnmower.

Finally after convincing papa to let us use his brand new lawnmower, we're off.

You should have heard the sounds he was making. We stayed in second gear going really slow. The whole time he is squeeling and leaning back and forth which of course means GO FASTER OLD GRANDMA! So I put it in fourth and man we are flying all over the place.. He will laugh uncontrollably and then lean way back and give me sugar and more sugar. When we hit a bump he even thinks that just great.

Finally we get finished and walk back towards the house. He's tired and has his head lying on my shoulder. That's his way of saying Thank You. You can just feel the love oozing all over me. lol


He keptd a smile on my face all day. We played most of the day. Didn't do ANY housework. It was still there when I got up this morning and guess what? I didn't do ANY housework today either and it's stil there. (Just twice as bad!)

It takes a lot out of me to try to keep him active but as you can see it's worth it.
I wonder how many people that have normal kids take the time no matter how tired they are to go outside with their kids and play with them. I know that I didn't spend nearly enough time with my kids doing things like that but I can't change the past and they turned out pretty good but I still have regrets because one is grown and married, one is now a Marine and could possible be going to Iraq and the other is well on his way to being on his own.

I guess when you have a special child like Matthew you have to learn to slow down and enjoy life. You try desperately to "slow down" time instead of rushing through life. Some people don't even realize they are doing that until they wake up one day and their kids are grown and leaving home.

I have learned patience, committment,responsibility,understaning,all from one little boy that has never spoken a word to me. I have learned it just from looking into eyes that cannot see and my rewards are angelic smiles and kisses.

Good Night!
Charlotte




0 comments: