That's an Entergy man at the top of the pole. you can barely see him. Here are the gas lines!




We are back... Good News! Since adding the depakote almost three weeks ago, Matthew's seizures are almost gone! He's gone from having them every hour to only one or two a day!! YEA! I hope this is the beginning of something wonderful.

Gas Lines the day after Katrina.. It was awful!!!!! I was lucky though. Since I live here I was able to find gas at smaller, hidden gas stations away from the interstate. I didn't have to wait too long. I think the highest price I paid was 2.70 per gallon. These people were running out of gas while waiting in line. It was a mess!

Bad News? Katrina got us! But thankfully not as bad as some of the other cities. WE are about three hours away from the coast and four hours from New Orleans. We got some wind gusts like I have never seen before! I would have never thought we would get hurricane winds this far from the the gulf coast! I had always wanted to live on the coast but I have changed my mind now.

We had power out beginning last Monday and it wasn't turned on until Saturday. I have never seen tree bend in half the way they were. I was constantly hearing trees pop and fall. I would cringe every time I saw a tree bend over. When we went to bed, the first night with no power it was pitch black. I only had my cell phone light to give me a little bit of light because the flash light was too much. I could hear the wind gust and trees popping. One time that night, I heard what I though was a tree pop and crash to the ground. I grabbed Matthew up and ran to the living room... to my relief, it wasn't a tree but a big 18 wheeler next door that was letting the air off of his breaks! Ha'. It sounded just like a tree falling... You have to remember it was so black and dark I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. It's a wonder that a tree didn't fall on my mom and dad's house, that's where I was at. There are trees everywhere! Even after the Hurricane if I'm outside, I thought I could still hear trees falling... It's possible they can still fall even long after the hurricane is gone. These trees were bending in half. THe wind gusts were crazy... I've always seen the wind blow one direction. There was trees blowing to the right, then to the left, then backwards.. lol There would be other trees next to them and they were not moving at all! lol

After the first night the lights at the church came on and we stayed at the Fellowship hall. Not only us, but most of our church folks. We did a lot of eating. Everyone brought food and put it in the freezer and we cooked up a lot of food that had began to thaw out. I probably gained 10 lbs.

The Hurricane must have blown in this spider.. lol It was so big, the web caught a Hummingbird! I was going to save the poor bird but the spider had already eaten his leggs off!




What a Spider! John says it just a Garden Spider, What do you think? If it can eat a hummingbird, I'm sure it can take a bite out of me! He's dead now.
Well I better go, I'll keep the webpage updated... Maybe. I had to get another computer until I get mine fixed. It crashed during the hurricane. It was even unplugged! Needs reformatting.
Charlotte

0 comments: