I am currently adding Links to our Blog. I'm having a little trouble with the html code. I did finally finish the web page design. Please bare with me on the Links while I try to figure it out.

Matthew is doing "pretty good". Considering those nasty Tonic seizures. He's having less myoclonics but more of the tonics. The myoclonics are coming in clusters. Usually around Five thirty in the morning and when he wakes up from naps. The tonic seizure (staring siezures) are scary. They usually last only a few seconds but they make him weak afterwards. He even had two in the swimming pool today. The only thing the neuro suggested was to up his Lamictal. I don't think it's doing any good.
I just hope he doesn't have a grand mal. If he does, I am prepared. I have some Diastat Suppositories. (valium enema) if they last more than five minutes then we take him to the hospital. These siezure don't affect his breathing as far as we can tell. The neuro says they are not the seizures that cause further brain damage.

He is doing good as far as not being sick in a while.
WE have a lady coming now three days a week to help. She is great. Her name is Ms. Martha. She is really patient and loves Matthew. She is 29 and has no kids of her own. She took care of her mom for 14 years before her mom died last January. She was given custody of her mom at age 14 just so she wouldn't be put in a nursing home. Somehow she was able to do this by being emancipated.?? I brought her two jars of the stage 3(that's the big jars!) baby food thinking that I would have a little food left over for supper but she fed him every drop by spoon. Matthew's belly was swollen up. Reminded me of a puppy who just finished nursing. It was so funny. He belched really loud and he felt like he weighed five lbs more! He was limp and ready for a nap. She said she though he was suppose to get all of it. I told her if he ate it that was great! If he makes this a habit I will not be able to afford Martha because I'll be spending 600 a month on baby food!!!! lol

Well, Casey graduates from High School tomorrow night. Then he's off to Paris Island Boot Camp July 11th. I am going to miss him. He has been the best kid a mom cold ever ask for. (As far as I know but what I don't know won't hurt me. ha)
I'm just glad he's got a clear head on his shoulders and sticks to his guns. He's the type that when he sets his mind to something it gets done but if he's not interested, he won't even try. He has always been a big help to me.

When he was four years old, I can remember him carrying Korey's diaper bag and my purse for me up the stairs to our small run down apartment after I had worked all night. He always wanted to carry it for me, even when he had been asleep at the babysitters, he would wake up and "zombie" walk to the car and he would grab korey's diaper bag and my purse and hold my hand while I held Korey. (I didn't dare wake korey up.) Those two are like night and day!
I feel old but Matthew keeps me young and keeps me on my toes. I wish Matthew could go to school and graduate and have a family but it's ok if he can't. He wasn't born to be like normal people. He's unique and will forever be our Baby Boy.

I'm waiting on kids to get home. Casey went to a party. I hate those parties before graduation. So many things can happen. I gave him my speech and reminded him not to "mess up". Korey is suppose to be home any minute. Curfew is almost up!
Good Night, I am tired and worn out.
Charlotte

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Special Door

It took a lot of work,
Time, and persistence, too,
To achieve the important goal
That you set out to do.

That effort now pays off,
The world now offers more.
To you, new graduate,
It opens a special door.

Congratulations casey
You did it all; you made it through.
You took your first step toward success,
And everyone's so proud of you!
from the cromwell family matthews friends!!!!








Your Adventure

Now that you've graduated,
Your adventure has begun.
Your schooling has prepared you
For the race life has you run.

everyone praise you for your efforts,
And send good wishes, too,
For a future filled with happiness,
And your fondest dreams come true.
good luck and congradulations on your big day from the cromwell family!!!! best wishes