Sometimes my mom tells people I am Matthew's slave. It's funny but that's how I feel sometimes. But I also know that I am not a slave to Matthew, I am a servant. I found these on the net and thought I would share how I feel about being a servant. Not only to Matthew but too God because you see, without God, I would be nothing for Matthew. I would have rejected him like a lot of others have. I would be too busy for him or would always find things to get out of caring for him. THat's how I would have been 10 ten years ago. Thank God, Im not that same person I was then. God knew I had to change because Matthew was already in his plan ten years ago even though Matthew is only two and a half.

I would like to line them up and here's what I want to tell them and one day, I will.


Matthew should be on the top of your list. Visiting him should be a priority. You should feel privilidged to help care for him or to buy him diapers, babyfood, etc. You should cherish every moment with him because the day will come that Matthew will earn his wings back and God will call him home. Have you ever taken him to the park? Have you ever seen the way he loves the whirlpool? Have you ever danced with him?
Have you ever held his hands and let him walk barefoot on the grass? Have you ever sang him to sleep? Have you ever woke him up just so you could hold him even though it was 3am? Have you ever knelt beside his baby bed and prayed for him? Have you ever just sat and stared at him noting every little roll of fat or wrinkle on him?
Have you ever wrote a poem or a song about him?
There's no if's and's or but's about it. He will not live very long. Do what you can now before it's too late. You should call EVERY day and tell him, I love you if you can't visit. There is nothing in the world more Important than Matthew and you'll have plenty of time to think back on all the things you'd wish you had done after Matthew is gone. God sent him for a reason and evidentally some people are just not listenting. THose are the people that will never see Matthew again even after he dies. THat's one thing I don't have to worry about because I know I will see him again in Heaven. I will feel very sorry for the family that did not take part in the life of this God Given Baby after he's gone. Have you ever put everything on hold just for Matthew? Did you give up something that meant a lot to you for Matthew? These are all the things you will think of after he's gone. I can almost promise you that but it's not too late to change things now.

I want to thank those that do call and those that do help and even those that try to help who are not physically able but want to help so bad, you can see it in their eyes. And thanks to even the strangers that handed me checks for Matthew right when we needed it most. THanks to Angel Wish. A group of Great people with big Hearts that helped raise money for Matthew's Van, Whirlpool, new addition and various other expenses. That's part of being a servant too. God says don't outcast the man that has not money, food or clothes and don't make him your slave but be HIS servant. Offer him money food and clothes. Im not completely without money food or clothes but Im sure you get my meaning.


Here's some things I found on the net.

Greatness in God’s economy is about lowering yourself to be a humble servant. Jesus measures greatness by servanthood. To those who have been humbly serving. All you do for Christ is not in vain. One day Jesus will call you great in the kingdom of God. So continue to fight the good fight. Don’t grow weary in doing good. Be a lifelong servant, and your reward in heaven will be great.

Jesus demonstrated the greatest act of humble service the world will ever know, for us. He’s called us to follow His model and serve others, but we’ve been saying, ‘no, I’m too busy.’ It’s time to stop that disobedience. It times to start being a humble servant.
Remember the Lord’s definition of greatness, ‘If anyone wants to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.’

I'd give my life for Matthew without even thinking about it. If Matthew needed a heart or liver or lung, I would give it if I could. Even in his condition, just to let him keep living so he could still go on touching the lives of individuals who will let him.
Good NIght.

0 comments: