HAPPY THANKSGIVING, DON'T FORGET TO ASK THE BLESSING AND MOST OF ALL
Don't eat too much, you'll regret it later.


THIS IS THE SIBLING OF THE TURKEY WE ARE EATING FOR THANKSGIVING. ABOUT 23 LBS OR SO. ALMOST WEIGHS AS MUCH AS MATTHEW!


Here are some more delicious Turkeys we are raising.
I would like you to meet, Christmas, New Years, Fourth of July and Next Thanksgiving!

HEY HERE'S SOME TURKEY FACTS!


Did you ever wonder why you get sleepy after a Turkey dinner? The reason is that the Turkey has this ingredient in it's meat, that is a natural relaxation hormone. "Tryptophan"

I need lots of Tryptophan, don't you?




The turkey is one of the most famous birds in North America. In fact, Benjamin Franklin wanted to make the wild turkey, not the Bald Eagle, the national bird of the United States!
The turkey's popularity comes from the American people's love of eating the bird for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Glad he didn't. I don't think I want to eat "Bald Eagle". Sound Nasty.

The wild turkey we usually see in this photo is not the same as the domestic turkey that we serve at Thanksgiving.
Domestic or tame turkeys weigh twice what a wild turkey does and are raised on farms for profit.
Most domestic turkeys are so heavy they are unable to fly!

That reminds me. I went Deer hunting one year and my Husband put me right in front of a food plot behind a "blind" on the ground. It was freezing cold and all you could see of me was my nose sticking out a little. I was almost asleep when I heard a loud sound. I looked up and about 20 turkeys, hens and a couple of toms landed right in front of me. Let me remind you this was years ago and I had never even seen "wild turkey's" but I knew what they were when I saw them. John always says that turkeys are smart. If you move an inch they can see you and will fly away. I sat there shaking all over. They were only about 10 feet in front of me. The tom knew I was "something" sitting there and walked over to me really slow. He was so close, I could have reached out and touched him, then he walked back to the group.

I tried to be really quiet and pull my rifle up. Every time I inched my rifle up, the Tom would stop pecking in the food plot and look up and all the hens would "freeze" and not move. Then the tom started pecking and so did the hens. This went on for what seemed like hours. Finally I got my gun up and you also should realize, I had never shot anything before and I hate shooting rifles because they are loud and make my ears ring. No, it was not Turkey season "yet" but I felt like I could get by with it "IF" I shot one. I felt fearless and the "hunter" instinct I never knew I had rose up in me and I aimed my gun not at any partcular one because I figured with all those turkey's I should just shoot in the middle of em' and one should fall dead. I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You could hear the shot for miles and miles. Once my ears quit ringing and I got my sense of control back I looked and there were turkey's flying everywhere. Most were in trees. I walked out into the food plot and looked for my turkey but there was not a turkey anywhere. Not even a feather. It was an experience I will never forget and one that no one will believe because I was the only one there. I guess it will be just one of those hunting stories I'll tell for years to come.





HERE'S A TURKEY TO PRINT OUT AND COLOR FOR THE KIDS!

0 comments: