As I said in my last post.....
I took Matthew back to the GI doctor to have the Feeding Tube removed and for them to give him the mickey button. When the Resident clipped the catheter, he was suppose to pop it out of Matthew's stomach but it slipped and went in. The surgeon says "Oh that's okay, he'll pass it." "Kids swallow stuff all the time, it will pass".
Well tomorrow will be the sixth day. Matthew has had a bowel movedment everyday and I have carefully checked it to see if I saw anything and IT'S NOT THERE. I've got a feeling there's going to be a problem because nothing is ever simple. They knew I was upset when I left and HE said to call if I had any problems and I said, Oh you can bet I will.

I am taking him to doctor Fairchild tomorrow if she's there. If she's not there, I'm taking him to the emergencey room. This type of catheter has a "BUMBER" instead of a balloon. He says the bumper is about the size of a dime. It looks a lot bigger than that to me. The circled part is the part that stayed in his stomach. I'm not exactly sure how much of the catheter part went in. I do know that about an inch was was sticking out and that's what the resident had clamped when it came out of the clamp. (Sure glad he's not a heart surgeon.) He sure acted like it was a big deal because she said SHIIIIIIIIIII but didn't finish. That's when our surgeon said it was okay.
Well, we'll just see about that tomorrow. If this has happend to you please let me know and let me know if everything was ok or not.
Charlotte

0 comments: