HAPPY THANKSGIVIN' YA'LL!




First of all, I have been trying for a few days to post more audio clips with no results. I don't know what's going on. I emailed the help desk but have not heard back yet. I plan to read my poems that I wrote on audio.

Can you see the little cartoon on your right? It's called "unky moods". I can pick the different moods and it automatically posts to my journal. I will be posting Matthew's moods, not mine. Today he was "stuffed up" so I used that one. I think those things are so cute!

I also added a chatter box. this is where you can leave me a message and I'll reply.. You can see it next time you log onto my site.

The lights went out again! We had some really bad weather last night (rain and wind) that blew in a cold front. It's already in the lower 40's and suppose to get around 37. I had the turkey in the roaster oven and a cake in the other oven and was starting my mixer for the potato salad when the lights went out. They were out a couple of hours. Everythings, cooking again. I bet there was some upset folks when the lights went out! We always do our cooking the day before Thanksgiving.


I was crocheting by candle light. Boy did I feel like a real GRANNY then. I was in the rocking chair but that was just a little too much GRANNY for me so I moved to the recliner. (Don't laught 'cause Im only 39!!!) John, my husband was watching TV on a battery operated 5" black and white TV I bought at a garage sale. He was six feet away and I know he couldn't see it. Ha.ha. He needs glasses but he won't admit it. Hold on I gotta check my cake! (Not done yet.)
(Thats a Hershey's chocolate cake mix with one box of instant chocolate pudding in it with 4 FRESH EGGS from our own layers topped with Chocolate chip Icing. The Turkey we are having is one we raised ourselves. It weighed about 20 lbs. The top wouldn't close on the roaster over so I had to cover it in aluminum foil and set the top on it that way... it's almost done!!) When John killed it, it slapped him across the face with his humongous wings, so the Turkey let him know how he felt about it. It was a pretty good slap too!

This is the first year in a long time that my older sister Grace and family won't be here. She's part Yankee and Part Redneck. At least she was about five years ago. Now her dialect is almost full blooded Yankee!!! We try to teach her Daughter Jess how to speak Southern when she comes to visit. Like , Bye Ya'll! Grace sent a flower centerpiece for the table saying, wish she could be there. I told her we will imagine the flowere are HER! We'll set three extra chairs for them. I told her we would have to get someone to run around inside the house and make a lot a noise so we can pretend Jessie was here too. (Ha.ha.) We will miss them but we decided to get together after the first of the year.

Matthew has been congested lately. No fever, just runny nose and congestion. Even a cold for him can turn into something bigger if we are not really careful. At the first sign of congestion or a cold I start breathing treatments twice or three times a day depending on how bad it is. I have a suction machine to keep his nose clear. He gets Robitussen DM and Benedryl until it's gone. It's bad having to give him the extra medicines when he's already on so much other medicine.

He gets back pats for the congestion all throughout the day whenever Im holding him and I also lay him on my lap facing down at an angle and do the back pats to loosen the congestion up.
I do everything I can to avoid the hospital and to keep him from getting pneumonia but sometimes it's just ineveitable.

His seizure are getting less and less. Still no more laughing seizure since we got home from the hospital. He's still having the jerks but they are "softer". He's not as irritable and has been a little angel all day. You should see my house. It's actually clean!

He goes to sleep around 6:30 or 7:00 because to the schedule they had him on in the hospital with the medicine. I don't like him going to bed that early because he gets up too early or if I want to take him to town he passes out before we finish what we're doing like shopping or something.

He sleeps so sound it worries me a lot. I am constantly checking on him. I have to turn him over several times a night because he can reposition himself on his own.

He got bored today but was still being good in his walker. I got him out anyway and we slow danced. He just EATS THAT UP! He lays his head on my shoulder and doesn't move a muscle! My favorite song to slow dance to is "If I lost You" by Randy Travis and "My Redeemer Lives" .
I was going to put a snipet on audio but for some reason THE THANG AINT WORKIN!.

Other songs we danced to was, I'm gonna love you for Ever, Randy Travis, The Angels Cried, Alyson Crousse and Alan Jackson, Three Wooden Crosses and one called "Looks Like we've made it by SHania Twain.


Here are the the word to "If I Lost You." I mainly like the second verse and the I absolutely love the Chorus.

Theres been times ive felt like half a man
life had me down on my knees. Troulbed times i dont understand
why they happen to me

I have struggled through the darkness
And i have found the light of day
But if i lost you
CHORUS

There'd be no sun shine shinin through
I dont know what in the world i would do
If i lost you
VERSE TWO

Like a ship with no harbor,
Like a bird with no wings,
Like a fish out of water,
A dreamer without a dream,

I have learned about losing
I could lose most anything,
but if I lost you
thered be no sun shine shinin through
I dont know what in the world I would do
if I lost you


I gotta go check my cake and finish the potato salad . Keep Matthew in your prayers always!
GAnny

0 comments: